Voter Registration

The National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA), a federal law, and the Florida Voter Registration Act require that university, community college, and trade school offices serving persons with disabilities offer those persons the opportunity to register to vote or to update a voter registration record at the time the applicant applies for services or assistance, applies for renewal of such services or assistance, and/or applies for a change of address. The academy will provide persons with disabilities with a preference form and if persons indicate they want to apply to vote the academy will provide a voter registration application form. Applying for or declining to register to vote does not in any way affect the amount of assistance people will receive from the academy. For persons with disabilities who choose not to contact the academy in-person the following links provide alternative opportunities to register to vote.

Voter Registration Preference Form

You can use this online form to indicate if you would like to apply to register to vote if you are not already registered or if you are registered to vote you can indicate if you would like to update your voter registration record:

Florida Voter Registration Application

You can use this online form from the State of Florida to begin the process of: Registering to vote in the State of Florida; Letting the State of Florida know if your name or address has changed; Registering with a political party or changing parties; and replacing your defaced, lost, or stolen registration identification card:

Florida Voting Information

Provides comprehensive information about voting in Florida, including information about voter registration, election dates, and the availability of absentee ballots. More information can be found on the Florida Division of Elections website.

National Mail Voter Registration Form

The online national voter registration form is available so that any student from any state can register to vote. This form must be sent back to your home state for voter registration purposes. If you are a U.S. citizen who lives or has an address within the United States, you can use the National Mail Voter Registration Application Form to complete the following: register to vote in your state; report a change of name to your voter registration office; report a change of address to your registration office; or register with a political party. More information can be found on the U.S. Election Assistance Commission website.

Voting-by-Mail (formerly Absentee Voting)

If you are a U.S. citizen who is already registered to vote but will not be able to participate in an upcoming election, you can use this service to request an absentee ballot be sent to you. Requirements vary from state to state. Request a Vote-by-Mail ballot by visiting the Florida Division of Elections website.