THE IMPORTANCE OF BRANDING EVEN WHILE YOU’RE IN SCHOOL
Social Media has completely changed the professional beauty industry.
88% of consumers trust ONLINE recommendations, just as much as a personal recommendation! *
With this in mind, service providers have to be on top of branding themselves online.
At Summit Salon Academy, we make online presence a priority. We love encouraging our students, even in their first week, to create business accounts and start creating their very first posts!
HERE ARE OUR TOP THREE TIPS TO GROW YOUR BRAND ONLINE
How can you grow your brand without having any content?!
For new hairdressers this could be:
- Sharing hair color ideas that you WANT to do (always tag the creator of the work if it is not your own!).
- Short videos of your FAVORITE hair products and why!
- Positivity about your career. People love coming to see someone who is passionate and positive about their career!
- Before and After Photos.
- Re-post your favorite brands. Share Redken tutorials or product knowledge, share Sam Villa’s videos – anything that inspires you!
While hashtags can be used simply for fun in your personal life, they can be used STRATEGICALLY for growing your business! You always want to remember to # your city, your specialty and any other things that set YOU apart!
Once you place these underneath your photo it is important to click through the #’s and interact with others who have posted them. This INTERACTION is the biggest piece in building your audience. For example, if your ideal client is stay at home moms maybe look for #’s about private schools or people who follow high end retailers. By spending time liking their photos they will then come and check out what you have to offer and (hopefully) book their appointment!
Consistency is KEY!
When you’re building a brand it’s important to show your growing followers that you will be providing valuable content on a regular basis.
Some great tools for being consistent:
- Facebook Business Page Scheduler
- Allows you to pre-schedule a whole week or month in advance!
- Allows you to schedule SHARED content a week or month in advance!
- A paper planner can keep you organized or even a calendar on your phone! Anything that can remind you to stay consistent and keep you organized.
*According to NoGre.com